RE: PTF Best Practice? apply to separate LPAR first, or to a non-production machine?

fixed

At a previous employer we had two physical systems so one (by auditor
decree) was for Dev/Test. But, for what it's worth, I know a guy locally
who works for a health care conglomerate. In has case they have three
stages: Pre-Test, Test, Production. The production box is, probably, still
sitting at V5R4
because it is supposed to be two releases behind the current release.
Pre-test would be at 7.1. If I gathered correctly (and I may not have),
they will be on V5R4 for production until 8.1 comes out. Paranoia gone
rampant.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Lazy: Whittling with an electric knife.