V6R1 - starting last Friday night BRMS started asking for a second tape.
Nothing had changed in the control group. Our initial assumption was that
data had grown enough to require a second tape. Yesterday we were able to
remove enough data to reduce our % system ASP used from 44 to 39.19% (and
we have 1.5TB total.) Our LTO-4 tapes have an 800GB capacity. Last night it
still asked for a second tape.

My operator used DSPLOGBRM and compared tape contents with a tape prior to
the start of this problem and there were no major differences between the
time it took to backup the individual objects and libraries and their
sizes. The only difference found was towards the end of the backup (at
around 12:42 and 12:46 a.m.) there is a command that has started to appear
since Friday.

*9/11/12 0:42:46 Starting save of media information at level *LIB to
device*

It is shortly after this command that a second tape is needed. We're not
sure why that started on Friday, but maybe that has something to do with
the backup now needing two tapes?

In reviewing the contents of the tapes via DSPLOGBRM we saw no major
differences we found that the only thing on the second tape is QUSRBRM?

Anybody with any clues as to why we suddenly need a second tape?