"Tim Adair" <tadair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/06/2012 10:53 AM
Re: Delete all but latest spool file member
Sent by:

1. For reference. >>> That is what the source code is for. If you only
have the last listing, the source should match it. Never develop over the
archived version, always on a copy of it.

2. If there's an error when the program is run, I can see exactly where it

occurred. >>> Compile using OPTION(*SRCSTMT). There error line is our
source record line.

3. If part of the source member (or the whole thing) gets toasted, I can
recreate it. >>> DBVIEW *LIST

4. If the pgm isn't functioning as expected, I can compare the *PGM object

timestamp to the latest compile listing. >>> I can see this, but if it
doesn't match you have no older listings to compare.

5. Because I'm paranoid. >>> They may ALL be out to get you. I don't know.