"Tim Adair" <tadair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/06/2012 10:53 AM
Re: Delete all but latest spool file member
1. For reference. >>> That is what the source code is for. If you only
have the last listing, the source should match it. Never develop over the
archived version, always on a copy of it.
2. If there's an error when the program is run, I can see exactly where it
occurred. >>> Compile using OPTION(*SRCSTMT). There error line is our
source record line.
3. If part of the source member (or the whole thing) gets toasted, I can
recreate it. >>> DBVIEW *LIST
4. If the pgm isn't functioning as expected, I can compare the *PGM object
timestamp to the latest compile listing. >>> I can see this, but if it
doesn't match you have no older listings to compare.
5. Because I'm paranoid. >>> They may ALL be out to get you. I don't know.