Maybe save the spool files as source members? Then, if using PDM, you
can split screen two versions to examine changed code.

John McKee

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM, John Allen <jallen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You might want to consider keeping the last 2 or 3 compile
listings for every program.
That way if someone makes a change you can look back at the
previous compile listings and compare it to the latest one
and see what was changed

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Adair [mailto:tadair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:47 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Delete all but latest spool file member

1. For reference.

2. If there's an error when the program is run, I can see
exactly where it occurred.

3. If part of the source member (or the whole thing) gets
toasted, I can recreate it.

4. If the pgm isn't functioning as expected, I can compare
the *PGM object timestamp to the latest compile listing.

5. Because I'm paranoid.