I got a couple of SDMC's that I could not use with my new E4C's. At the
time we ordered new hardware no one told us that you could not due to the
firmware issue. Isn't the roadmap by IBM to migrate away from the HMC, I
thought that is what this new hardware is for.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Pete Massiello - ML <
pmassiello-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don't get rid of your HMCs, get rid of your SDMCs. You will be happy that
you did. HMCs are so much easier to use and configure. Plus, I don't wish
to purchase an X-Series box to run SDMC which winds up costing more than
the box (power Systems) that it is managing.

Pete

--
Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
William.Epperson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 11:49 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Configuring Brand New ISeries ASMI / HMC

Good to know, I hadn't heard that before. Do you have the chart that
shows which Power7's are incompatible with the SDMC? Would appreciate that
information as we begin migrating off of our CR2 HMC and these two other
CR3's. We still have too many older systems to completely get rid of our
HMC's at the moment, but we're getting there, gradually.

Thank you,

William G. Epperson Jr.
Systems Communications Analyst II

2420 East Pikes Peak
Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Office: 719-365-8831

Mission: To provide the highest quality health care
Vision: To create an outstanding health system where patients heal and
people thrive
Values: Compassion - Integrity - Quality - Respect - Teamwork

www.memorialhealthsystem.com

The information contained in or attached to this electronic message is
privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual
(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
If you have received this communication in error, please inform the
sender immediately and remove any record of this message.