Trevor Perry wrote:
It
connects using wireless technology to the web, then to your network, then to
your i. Without the web, the iPhone cannot see your i... Hence, 5250 for
iPhone is a web app! :-)

Internet <> web! Maybe this is where some of the confusion is coming from. When you say 'web app', most people (correctly) assume you are talking about an application with interface its displayed by a browser and communication via HTTP.

Also, when David posted the note from the Mochasoft guy about "applications requiring keyboard input", I think he was trying to say 'keyboard input on the iPhone is not as nice as a laptop' rather than 'uh-oh, we might not be able to use this for data entry'.