Adam Glauser wrote:
Sorry that I forgot to mention this before: the i5/OS command to try would be TELNET RMTSYS(XURRENCY.COM) PORT(80).

On second thought, it looks like TELNET might not work all that well in this case. When I run TELNET to HTTP servers, it seems to be waiting for a response before I can enter any input. It doesn't seem common for HTTP servers to return a response on the initial connection.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem? If I telnet from my PC, I am able to enter the GET command (though I can't see what I'm typing) and receive a response. I'm pretty sure it's not a firewall problem in my case.