Re: XML

fixed

We don't have an HTTP server running as far as I can tell. Maybe this is the cause why I am not getting the data?

--- On Tue, 7/8/08, Adam Glauser <adamglauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Adam Glauser <adamglauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XML
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2008, 12:32 PM

Adam West wrote:
Adam, It pings ok, What's this about firewall. how can I check that
one? My network admin is gone for the day.

It's possible that your firewall blocks outgoing packets on port 80 (the
default port for HTTP), or that returning packets are dropped for some
reason.

You can do a test HTTP connection using TELNET*. FWiW, neither ping nor
telnet to xurrency.com are working for me right now.

* see
http://www.esqsoft.com/examples/troubleshooting-http-using-telnet.htm
for an example