I am curious: have you (or anyone) compared Symphony to OpenOffice?

Haven't yet, though I did read an article about it in a recent
IBMSystemsMag.com edition - I think it was Kim Green that wrote about it.

Don't know if I will every use Symphony, but I am excited about it because
of the fact that IBM is behind it will make it "more safe" for corporations
to start adopting it.

Concerning compatibility issues, I had those with the .docx format in M$
Office 2007. OpenOffice can't open .docx files, but OxygenOffice (based on
OpenOffice) opens them just fine. Hopefully they will implement the
OxygenOffice capabilities back into the base OpenOffice.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com