IBM's Symphony is built on an old version of OpenOffice. The current
version of OpenOffice performs much better.

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Jim Steil <steil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Symphony name has been resurrected by IBM for use in their version
of OpenOffice. I downloaded and installed it when if first was
available (not sure if it was a beta or not) but was not impressed. In
my opinion, they put a wrapper on top of OpenOffice that did nothing
more than give us an unfamiliar interface and slow it down
significantly. Sorry I couldn't be more positive about it, but that was
my first impression. It was so slow that I didn't keep it around long
enough to get a second impression.

-Jim