Re: Adding parity and mirroring to a 170

fixed

"Douglas W. Palme" <dpalme@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
we will have to add a raid controller card

Uh, so far as I'm aware, 170s (and 40s-es and 510s) are RAID-ready out of the box.

All you need for mirroring is an even number of each size/model of drive. And all you need for parity is enough of each size/model to make a parity set. So far as I'm aware, there is no special controller card required.

Which is to say that we have a 40s, a slim 170, a fat 170, and a 510, and they're all mirrored, and we didn't have to buy anything to do it, other than drives.

--
JHHL