RE: Field Type 'P' in a query

fixed

Glenn, paste a screen shot of the DSPPFM like I mentioned in the previous
post and identify the column positions in the record where you are expecting
numeric data that need to be output into a packed field.

Is the query supposed to do anything other than copy the input file to the
output file?  Any selection, sorting, or other derived fields?

If you know, it may be useful to tell us *how* the file made it onto the
AS/400, and the format it was in at its source, i.e., .txt, .csv, .xls, etc.
If it was .txt or .dat, for example, do you know if it was fixed length?

db