Re: Field Type 'P' in a query

fixed

The terms "flat file" and "externally-defined" don't usually go together in my mind, although they can. As Dan asked, what is the data type of the source? Is it a single character field? What is the formula you are using, if you are using a result field? If the source is character and needs to be substrung and then converted to numeric, this is hard in Query/400 but doable-you can use the MICROSECOND function - can tell you more if you need this ugliness. You'd be better off using an SQL query in a *QMQRY, using STRQMQRY with OUTPUT(*OUTFILE). What release of the OS are you at?

Vern