RE: Field Type 'P' in a query

fixed

OK, it helps to re-read from the beginning.  <g>

You are using query to load records into an outfile.  It sounds like the
outfile is predefined with PF DDS source, and is NOT actually
created/defined by WRKQRY.  The outfile has a packed field defined.  So far,
so good?

It would really help to know the message ID of the "mismatched field type".
Move the cursor down to the message and press F1, and you'll see the message
ID at the top of the screen.

I'll hazard one other guess.  The field you've defined as packed in the
output file...  What is the source of this particular field?  An input file
or "Define result fields"?  If it is defined in an input file, how is it
defined?  Packed or Zoned or ???

db