Dan,

> But there are some commands that, if you were to just type in the command
> without any parameters and you press Enter, it would prompt the command
> anyway.

You can force that by making one or more of the keywords required,
instead of having a default value.  It used to be that when you didn't
supply all required keywords, the command just failed but at some
point (I forget which release) it changed so that when you do that
from a command line, it just prompts the command instead plus displays
the error message.  In the case of CRTLIB, that would be CPD0071
(Parameter LIB required).

Doug