• Subject: Re: TCP/IP Printing to an IP address and Port
  • From: fcubbage@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:50:05 -0800

I'm not quite sure I follow this. Maybe you can clarify.

On Sun, 22 Feb 98 20:28:35  "Matthias Oertli" <oertlim@s054.aone.net.au>
>I use the NetPort Express Pro with the 400 extensively and for me it's
set and
>It can be set up via telnet or even with the web browser!
Using TELNET, are you referring to telling the device which IP its been
of course, but is there more?  Is it somehow told about the three queues?
And/Or are LPT1_PASSTHRU, ,,, COM1_PASSTHRU built-in key words that
the device understands as ports.
I don't remember this feature in the Jet Direct.

>Rather than specify the portnumber you can specify a queue name:
>LPT1_PASSTHRU  ........ I assume you mean LPT2 ,,,,,,,,,
>Prompt CRTOUTQ, specify your NetPort's internet address like this:
>then specify the remote queue to use: RMTPRTQ('COM1_PASSTHRU')
>That's it.
I knew you had to setup the queue relationship, its also done for
JetDirect and I guess I knew you could create multiple queues for
the same IP address.  Its the COM1_PASTHRU that confuses me,
unless, as above, its a parameter or keyword that the NetPort
If these questions seem stupid, its partially due to never seeing the
NetPort documentation.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]