Steven,

First the easy question.  You are correct in telling them that those
levels of the OS are not Y2K compliant (also known as ready).

Now the hard question -- will they be burned?  There is no definitive
answer that can be given.  IMPI releases prior to V3R2 have not been
formally tested for correct operation when moving from 1999 to 2000;
and all have published end of service dates well prior to the year 2000.
I am told that some customers have tested their applications on releases
prior to V3R2 by setting the system date into the future, and have
found no "killer" problems within THEIR application.  If they then feel
confident enough to run their system (and company) on a software
environment that is not supported by the developer (IBM in this case),
then I guess that's THEIR decision.  As there is no formal testing of
these pre-V3R2 releases, there is also no list of known defects/concerns
(as they relate to the year 2000).  The only thing we can say for sure
is that IBM will not be servicing these releases in that timeframe
(per currently available announcement materials anyway).

Bruce Vining (speaking for himself)