From the article:

*developerWorks:* So I'm sure everybody wants to know your thoughts about
Oracle ownership of Sun now and what that means as it relates to Java. Can
you share at least something about that?

*Gray-Donald:* Sure. Well, I think in the short term, I don't think we're
going to see too many changes. I mean both IBM and Oracle have really
well-established product roadmaps and we're not going to change on a dime. I
think in the longer term, certainly what we'd like to see is Oracle engage
in some more open and participatory JCP [Java Community Process™]
activities. I mean, they've been consistently advocating this sort of
approach in their JCP dealings over the years, so that's great to have
heard.

Would be interesting to learn if IBM's stance has changed at all on this
(i.e. they "hope" Oracle does the right thing - YIKES!!!!)

I guess if I was Larry Ellison I would view IBM as my biggest competitor and
also my biggest contributor to the open tools/languages/middleware that they
now own. Thanks for pointing that article out.

Aaron Bartell
www.MowYourLawn.com/blog
www.OpenRPGUI.com
www.SoftwareSavesLives.com