From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:16 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Why use PHP? What are the disadvantages?

But here's my question. How often do you actually prefer a variable to hold
a character in one line of code and then have that same variable hold an
integer in the next? In all my uses of PHP that has only led to hard to
read code and lots of bugs (as it relates to business logic code).

Loose typing is great/better for writing frameworks where you might not know
(or care) what value is being passed through the bowels, but I feel much
more comfortable with a compiled object when it comes to my business logic.
Maybe just a personal insecurity :-)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/