From: Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen
Perhaps this has not been done fr the ATK installation?

Netcraft indicates that http://atk.achievo.org is running on Linux in Denmark. When I ping the server, the response takes 194 milliseconds, as opposed to just 1 millisecond to ping my server. That's more network latency than I originally estimated over the internet.

By removing network latency, it appears that time (with rounding) spent processing a record change on the server would be more like:

900 + 500 - 200 - 200 = 1000 milliseconds

vs.

3 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 3 milliseconds

The following screen-shot compares the two applications running within my portal.

http://www.radile.com/rdweb/temp/atkdemo.html

Other than Netcraft indicating Linux, I don't know what sort of hardware might be supporting the ATK demo. But OnePoint portal is running on a 1-cpu, 1-core, 1-thread, 1MB-RAM, 0-L3 cache model 520 server.

-Nathan.