From: "MKirkpatrick"
I am looking for any suggestions on software that I could use
to create the html (web pages).

What's your desktop OS? When I was looking for an HTML editor for Linux, I downloaded and tested a lot of alternatives and finally settled on Screem (http://www.screem.org/).

Under Windows, I've been really happy with Dreamweaver (http://www.adobe.com/).

In both cases the feature that I use the most is the intellisense prompting. And they don't get in the way of you learning HTML.

Recently I was looking at Adobe FlexBuilder for designing UI forms that run under Flash. But it's more of an application generator than a UI editor.

Actually the editor generates a derivative of XML named MXML. The MXML files are pretty small, but the generated applications are 100-150 times bigger. So if your MXML file is 1K, then the generated app may be 100K-150K in size.

Nathan.