<Steve>
check out this claim by Scott Guthrie, the 30 something software exec at
MSFT:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/03/25/441074.aspx

-Steve
</Steve>

So I am wondering how many servers they have running all of those sites? And
I wonder if the 20% to 40% error page displaying was before or after the
ASP.NET 2.0 implementation?

The thing I want to be careful of here is that there will be problems on any
platform you deploy to and any language you use - especially when you are
registering 260,000 new users a day (YIKES!). What I more want to know, and
am guessing nobody here can really answer, is how much work (hardware,
software, etc) is required to do this with M$ vs. IBM? We already knew that
if you build a big enough server farm of IIS boxes that it can facilitate
almost any work load, but then how does that compare to the equivalent IBM
implementation.

Interesting the MySpace.com guy said that he can't imagine doing this on any
other platform than Microsoft - makes you wonder how many others he looked
at or if he has only done ColdFusion and ASP.NET 2.0?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com