As you'll see in your thread history I recanted my original post to convey a
more direct approach to how I was associating Net.Data and EGL.

Regardless of that, your comments have peaked my interest - specifically
that EGL generates JSF behind the scenes and that you have access to the
source when it is all said and done.  That is intriguing because it would be
nice to use EGL to start a project and then leave it behind once you got up
and running with the JSF and DAO's in place(assuming once you go into the
generated code you may lose the ability to go back up to 4GL?).

Couple of questions
1. Does EGL come with WDSC v6?  I searched the help and found some comments
on it and even directions, but I can't seem to find the EGL project wizard
like the help is stating.

2. What version of the JSF spec are they using?  My biggest beef with JSF is
how the binding of components to backend POJO's happens.  You have to be a
full fledged JSF programmer to get a HTML page composed using components
like <x:datatable> which 99.9% of the population knows nothing about (say
Dreamweaver designers).  As I was making my decision to move away from JSF
somebody recommended looking into JSF portlets and that would somehow fix my
UI component woes, but I neglected to go that route just because JSF was so
new at the time and I just didn't want to spend another 5 hours trying to
figure out what someone contrived to be a good approach for Dreamweaver
designers to use JSF with.

Aaron Bartell