Well, with %len avaible, what, V3R7, the majority is
growing.  But there still some out there.  Just don't want
to leave anyone out (kinda like the browser thing...
<snicker>).

Trust me, I get a LOT of emails when I don't do things for
early releases.  :)  Then again, there's no reason that
version 2 of my books can't contain these updates.  But
right now there's no need to update them just yet.

But I would also hope that most could make these very minor
changes should they choose to do so.  As I prefer to teach
someone how to do something than just to do it for them with
cut and paste code.

Speaking of which, Hans, you probably have the best idea as
to this.  What is a ballpark figure (say a percentage) of
the performance hit of using a 1024 character field and
using CHECKR as compared to using a varying field and %len?
Using CHECKR I still have excellent performance.  I'd say on
average CHECKR is used about 15 times per page.  If it takes
1.5 seconds to respond, what type of increase one would
expect to see?  What does CHECKR use in the "bowels" fo the
OS to do this checking?  Some sort of array manipulation?
Is that code fine tuned to squeeze more performance out?

Brad