Brad Stone wrote:
> Hah!  Thanks!  Not to mention if Jon is nitpicking about
> just that, musta done everything else ok.  :)  Just like to
> work with those who aren't on V6R2 today as a lot of
> writers/consultants/speakers do.  That weeds out 75% of your
> audience!

Oh for the record, I do agree with Jon.  I too would prefer seeing
use of varying length character strings and %LEN() (as well as
procedures, descriptive long names, /FREE, etc.) in all published
examples, since those are available on the majority of machines and
are the preferred modern techniques.  Otherwise, your books will get
out of date *very* quickly as older machines are upgraded or
replaced.  You could always state in a footnote that CHECKR can be
used in older, unsupported releases.

Cheers!  Hans