From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 16:06
To: Rational Developer for IBM i <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [WDSCI-L] License not validated in RDi 9.8
Mike,

IMHO it was very confusing. The activation kit and the core product are in separate Zip files within a Zip file with a readme.txt and readme.htm.

The Readme says to download 7-zip or something similar to unzip it because Windows can't. To me, that implied to unzip the zipped .zip file. Which is what I needed to do for the Core product, but not for the activation kit?

The names, while very descriptive, also make this a challenge:
"RDi_RPG_COBOL_Tools_Activation_Kit_V9.8_LCD8_1989_04.zip" contains "RDi_9.8_RPGCOBOLTools_AU_Lic_Act_Kit_P2.zip", "readme.txt" and "readme.htm".

It's all good now... but I would probably struggle doing it again LOL.