Thanks James. That appears to describe the contents of the mud puddle accurately. Doesn't look like I have the power to clean it up myself.

One other curiousity I noticed, is that if you follow the path from help contents as listed next, you can expand the "Built-in Functions" tree and see %list, BUT, if you just click on the "Built-in Functions" item without expanding it, you see the older list, without %list. Good grief. ILE RPG Reference > ILE RPG Reference > Operations, Expressions, and Functions

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of James Littlejohn via WDSCI-L
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 12:25 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: James Littlejohn <James.Littlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Help address for new RPG functions?

It's quite confusing. There is more than one version of the reference:
-a local one that is installed with and is up to date in 9609 -a remote one that is sourced on the IBM Knowledge Center and is an older version Both appear in the help system. But the way the help system operates makes it appear as if both are locally installed.

If you click Help > Contents
and from the top-level of the Contents select 'ILE RPG Reference'
it is the latest version of the reference and is installed locally in 9609. This is the version that the F1 help accesses.

If you click Help > Contents (or start from the Source menu) and drill down into Rational Developer for i > Reference > Language reference > IBM i programming information > High-level languages > ILE RPG > Language Reference > ILE RPG Reference it's actually sourced over the internet from the IBM Knowledge Center even though it appears to be a local copy. The copy at that Knowledge Center location is an older version.
The equivalent Knowledge Center URL for that version is:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAE4W_9.6.0/com.ibm.etools.iseries.ilerpg.ref.doc/topics/rzasdmain.htm
but will appear in the help system with a URL like:
http://127.0.0.1:<RANDOMPORTNUMBER>/help/topic/com.ibm.etools.iseries.ilerpg.ref.doc/topics/rzasdmain.htm

James Littlejohn
www.helpsystems.com