Hi Dave - there's one statement here I want to ask about - others have responded with more ideas.

A greenscreener doesn't
spend as much time as I do, learning new things and losing lots of time
with bugs (which I am sad to see are still often present with the latest
version of RDi).

I've been using RDi for more than 7 years at my current position and several years before that at my previous position. I admit to having a kind of hate-hate relationship with the early versions, all the way back to the original WDSC.

But for the last many years, I have spent almost no time dealing with "bugs". I also have had almost no downtime as a result - I'm having more trouble with relatively slow network speeds while working from home.

Yes, there is a learning curve at first, but I think you will be over that after not too much time. And there are features of RDi that are at least difficult in PDM or SEU, if not impossible. One of my recent favorites is the "Copy members to..." feature of RSE - it lets me copy source between systems freely, and this just isn't possible with PDM - maybe with using the QFileSvr.400 file system, but that's messy, if even possible.

The new PDM subsystem of RDi also lets you operate in ways familiar to you. I don't use it, because we use the Turnover software change management system, and that handles all that PDM would do. Nonetheless, the PDM subsystem is very cool.

So carry on, I am convinced that the obstacles you might feel at the start will vanish in short order.

Cheers
Vern