Hello David, Steve, and all,

Sorry I've been so slow to respond. I got hit with several things and have
been swamped.

David - The script CCSID is 819.

Steve- I don't believe I've ever had EclipseColorer installed in this
workspace, but it is possible.
I tried a brand new workspace then tried to open the script by clicking
'File', 'Open File...', and then navigating to the script and
double-clicking on it. This results in a dialog with the heading:
"org.eclipse.ui.ide.FileStoreEditorInput incompatible with
org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreePath"
And then says:
"An error has occurred. See error log for more details." It says this twice.

If I map a drive to the network location for the script and then navigate
via "Local", "Local Files", "Drives", I can open the script successfully. It
appears that this is how I'll have to open scripts. I can set up filter(s)
to get to them easier.

Thanks for your help.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way international
www.TheWay.org

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:31:56 -0600
from: David Gibbs via WDSCI-L <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Editing bash scripts

My file associations have it set to 'Bash Editor'

Is the script local or on IFS?

It's on the IFS. I can open other files from the IFS, but not with the
.sh extension.

Do you know the code page or ccsid of the script? Maybe the script isn't
in a
compatible encoding and that's causing the bash editor to crash?

david

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 19:16:11 +0000
from: Steve Ferrell via WDSCI-L <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Editing bash scripts

Hi David and Michael,

When I look at the stack trace and the source, it's more likely "how" it's
being
launched. The bash editor is expecting to be called using a iEditorInput
not a
iTreePath.

I was able to launch the Bash Editor as default using a testCopy.sh file
in the
IFS from RSE, Object Table View, Remote Scratchpad, and the Recent Files
listing under File.

Michael, how are you launching the Editor?

Have you tried with a new workspace that never included EclipseColorer
plugin?

If you are using RSE -> IFS -> double click or open edit and the new
workspace still doesn't work, please contact IBM Support and open a case
so
we can look further into this issue.

Thanks!

Steve Ferrell
w. www.helpsystems.com

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 15:13:39 -0500
from: Robert Jacobs <robertjacobsit@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] View List of Files in RPG (with Usage Type)

Is there any easy way to view a list of all of the files defined in the
f-specs, with their usage types?

We are trying to move to a more free-form environment, and one of the
sticking points with a developer here is the ease of seeing which files
are
Update/Output capable at a glance, since they are all defined in the same
place, and the usage is all defined within 4 columns.

In free format, you might have f-specs defined with d-specs in-between
(not
that it's good practice, but it's possible...), and looking for *input vs
*output isn't as glaringly obvious at a glance.

I am aware of the Outline view showing a list of files defined in the
program, but it doesn't show the file's usage capabilities. Is there any
other place where you can quickly view all update/delete/output capable
files defined in a source member?

If not, I have already put in an RFE for this to be added to the Files
section of the Outline view, if you wouldn't mind voting for it:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR
_ID=140543

------------------------------

message: 5
date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 15:26:20 -0600
from: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] View List of Files in RPG (with Usage Type)

Hi Robert

I am a member of the CAAC (COMMON Americas Advisory Council) and saw
another RFE that is similar -

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR
_ID=127343

I took the liberty of marking them as associated requests.

And I voted for them both!

Vern