"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 05/28/2019
04:41:24 PM:
He's attempting to compile his first program, but nothing is
happening. He gets the compile command prompt, and hits okay, but
is not getting any feedback - no completion message or error list -
and is unable to find the compile job anywhere on the system. It's
not under his user profile, and he doesn't see anything in any of the
jobq's.

Where do RDi compile jobs go? Where's the preference that controls
this?

Compiles will be interactive unless the compile-in-batch option is
checked (which is what I prefer). Also, there will be no listing if the
compile commands are not set up to produce a listing.

To check the compile commands... Get into edit mode on the member
in question, click on menu options [Compile(G)] / [Compile] / [Work With
Compile Commands], and then select the command to view before clicking the
[Prompt] button to inspect (and possibly change) the parameters.

To check the compile-in-batch setting... Go to Window /
Preferences / Remote Systems / IBM i / Command Execution.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark