Thanks, Steve!  I walked through the list, and was still having problems.  Outline was fine, everything else looked dandy, just Ctrl-space didn't do anything.

Which got me thinking.  So I went to Ctrl-Shift-L/Ctrl-Shift-L (Keys preferences) and compared it to a working version of RDi and lo and behold, my binding for Ctrl-Space (In Windows and Dialogs) was missing.  Quick note, the key sequence c-s-L/c-s-L does NOT work if you're in an editing pane, because c-s-L takes you to a line number.  But I digress; just click on anything other than an editor and you're fine.

Anyway, I added the new binding.  It came up as U (user defined) but for now that's just fine.  I don't want to reset to defaults just yet.  One variable at a time.  And voila!  I now have working content assist again!

I still worry about the age of this installation, but for now I'm running again.