From: Ken Killian
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:44 PM
To: 'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries' <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] RDI 9.6.0.5 is NOT 100% **FREE compatible...

Brian,

I have actually open several PMR on this issue, and tried to open one yesterday. But, the PMR web-site was down again! Oh well, it happens...

Too bad, IBM can't have a reliable web-site. It wanted me to re-register! Yikes, probably not a big deal to most people. But, I have very limited access to that information. So, it is a pain for me.

Previous PMR are 05324,442,000 & 2730,442,000. I was going to open another new one. But the IBM web-site for pmr was down. Oh well it happens. Then I was told NOT to open a new one, that they would re-open an old one...

Believe me, I know how to open PMRs, I do it all the time. Although, most of the time, it seems a waste of time.

Sorry, I guess these little issues drive me nuts. Especially, when they are repeatable.

Just tried it happens on my co-workers' PC too. They also fail. It is not just me...

Just telling my story, and frustration for a product, that I LOVE. (when is works.) It makes my job very enjoyable, when it works. Everybody loves a stable development environment. Or am I the only one?

Going to the PMR web-site, I don't see my old PMR re-open. I have these two number: 05324,442,000 & 28730,442,000 about the double-click issues.

I am an IBM i developer, and I expect the debugger to work to save time. Not cause me to waste more time. More often than not, I keep going back to reliable, never fail, green screen debug. I probably should just keep with that, it works! And more importantly, it is RELIABLE!! Works EVERYTIME. And it is VERY FAST too!

Oh yeah, I have two other current open PMR. Believe me, I believe in following procedures. Just don't see the results. So, since I file a lot of PMR, I have the right to complain about bugs. I do not make these issue up, they really happen.

They even happen on my home desktop with 8-CORES and Solid-State-Drive on the motherboard! So, that is a different PC. And they fail on my co-workers PC too...

Something screwy is going on, and I haven't clue how or why...

I have turned on full-time trace on debugging, for my next debug crash. But, I need to get my job DONE FIRST. And not waste time on things that should already be working! I had no idea that double-click is so hard to get to working. Or that debugging a program causes the whole IDE to crash? Really? Oh well, back to green-screen debugging on the Univac-Punch-Card-400, as my co-workers call it.

I need to reconfigure my RDI 9.6.0.5, that allowed me to take dumps, when it locks up. I guess sometimes those dumps helped the RDI developers. I have some old notes on that, where I have to change the eclipse.ini file to allow a dump. I guess I will do that too.

-Ken Killian-