RDi is built upon a great piece of software named Eclipse which supports many kinds of editors and editor features. But sadly LPEX is not built upon an Eclipse editor (for whatever reason, probably because it was already there when they moved to Eclipse) and thus has not all the great bells and whistles we all know if we have used Eclipse for some development (f. e. Java).

So yes, an editor for RPG which behaves like any other editor in the market would be great. The old times when a developer on the AS/400 would only need SEU are over. We have to use many tools to do our work today and thus it would be great if the tools behave similar. LPEX falls out of that line, version 9.6.0.5 and it still doesn't feel like a "normal" editor.

Best regards

Mihael