Doug,

Please do a simple test for me. Change your LPEX font temporarily to a LARGE-FONT, such as 20 PT. You can change it back!

Then try hover evaluation and see if it works for you!

I show that trick to the newbies all the time. Because the Mouse-I-Beam-cursor is often very smaller than the font. I normally use 8pt font to see more code.

I use that little technique, to explain that to the newbies. And then switch the font back small, and show them how I hover the i-bean (windows pointer) right in the center! And hover works…

Please let us know if that happens to work for you! That is a known issue with Windows. Just the way windows works. Usually only happens when you use a small font.

I have RDI 9.6.0.4 installed on my home desktop, and the hover evaluation works for me.

Sample Hover:

https://imgur.com/a/Bh4Ki9g

show invalid data in the field BSOR#, which is a packed field with spaces, a.k.a. Hex “40”.

Here are my debug preferences:

https://imgur.com/a/fGm2AHf

Now, I did not have the “Outline View” built, because I have that turned off. I like to control it manually.

So, even after building the outline view, I did not see the “Hover-Type”. But, I did see the “value of the variable”.

https://imgur.com/a/zF7i9Ul

So, I open an PMR# 54237,442,000 (RDi 9.6.0.4 not showing “Hover types”)

I did not open a PMR, for the evaluation not working, because it worked for me with RDI 9.6.0.4. I was unable to duplicate your report problem.

I always request that my users, a.k.a. the customer, to be able to repeat an error, before I can fix it. I tell my customers, if you can duplicate it, I can fix it!

So, hopefully, RDI support let me know if I need an update or something. Maybe I missed a setting, it has sadly happen to me before.

Thanks RDI support Team!

-Ken Killian-

PS. I wish I had good “Screen Recording Software” where I could create short 10-second RDI tips. But, I haven’t found a good free one yet. Oh well. Most of the good one, you have to pay… ☹