I completely agree - I find it so abundantly helpful in my work to have this feature.

The only thing is how long it takes to get going when first I open RDi - might be due to having a number of members open, and it is especially slow over VPN to work - but that's to be expected.

Cheers
Vern

On 5/2/2018 9:01 PM, Mike Hockings wrote:
Until we had the live outline the static outline what the (only) default
outline. Now you have a choice! But I would tend to use the live outline
in most cases as it is better now than the static outline IMHO.

Mike

Mike Hockings, M.Eng., P.Eng.
DevOps for Enterprise
IBM Developer for z Systems and Power Systems Software Technical Support
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199

From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2018/05/02 16:46
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Manual Outline not very useful anymore.
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Mike

Yeah, I figured he is a developer, since Help Systems is doing a lot of
that work now, right?

I do still kind of recall some mention of this by Edmund or someone of
you folks, that turning live outline on or off had some affect elsewhere
- so then it was a feature!!  :)

Stories change, and dim memories do, as well.

Besides, since I work with the RFEs as part of my role of a member of
CAAC, I felt it worthwhile to distinguish between enhancement requests
and bug reports - we see things in RFEs that really need to get a PMR,
and vice versa.

Cheers
Vern