Yes, I am familiar with that button, it doesn't matter whether I select
Text compare or IBM i Member Compare. However, PDM option 54 does in fact
work properly!

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Mark

There is a button on the upper left to select the kind of compare that is
being done.. I assume this is the result of selecting 2 source members in
RSE, right-clicking, and taking the "Compare With--> Each Other" option, is
that right?

One of the options is "Text compare" - the other is "IBM i member compare".

There is a different compare tool - the one that is like the CODE/400
compare, with the red and yellow highlighting. Have you tried that, and
does it have the same problem. It has a button on the toolbar that has the
Greek delta character in it - or go to the Edit menu and click on "Compare
to file". This one has a couple oddities to it, as well, but I'm not sure
about this issue.

"Text compare" is, I believe, an Eclipse thing, mostly, with some
intelligence to ignore date and sequence number. I could be wrong there,
though, quite easily.

Regards
Vern