A very quick LPEX short cut lists can be found when a member is open by pressing ESC to get to the command line and then keying in '?seu'. You will see a list of key actions specific to the SEU edit profile loaded when you open an IBM i member.

I unfortunately cannot get this to work for me, for some reason. I know it used to function but its been a few weeks since I needed to do this.

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:53 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Shortcut keys not working as expected - example Ctrl+D duplicates the line but I want it to delete the line

On 3/29/2017 11:38 PM, Don Brown wrote:
If I press Ctrl + Shift + L - the preference page opens.

This is going to hurt.

That page is the Eclipse key list, not the RDi-only key list.

For that matter, if you have another plug-in, like from a change management vendor, that plug-in's keys won't be listed here either.

If I am in a RPGLE member and I press Ctrl+D the line I am on is
duplicated but he shortcuts on the preference page suggests this
should delete the line.

It appears the majority of shortcut keys do something different to
what is in the preference page.

Yes, that's correct.

Complicating matters is the fact that any given key sequence can be used by multipls plug-ins. Try Ctrl-Shift-A to see what I mean. You'll get a pop-up window asking you which function you'd like to perform.

I know of no canonical list of all the keyboard shortcuts that RDi implements. One can come close by Preferences > General > Keys. Sort on the 'Category' column and look at IBM i, LPEX, and Remote Systems LPEX Editor. I've tried to capture as much of this as I could in the wiki, but I haven't updated anything for 9.5.1.1

A grim alternative is to poke through the menus and observe the shortcuts shown by each menu item.

There is at least one alternate way to look at this. If you are familiar with other editors, check out the profiles in Preferences > LPEX Editor. One of the other editor profiles might better match your muscle memory.

I myself have a very quirky memory. I can play hundreds of hours of virtually flawless viola music from memory but remembering keystroke sequences that I use once a week... yeah, can't do that. Go figure.
Anyway the point is that I re-map key sequences that I /want/ to remember and use them a lot. Like Keyboard Macro Record, Stop, and Playback. Preferences > LPEX Editor > User Key Actions. You can see the various... hm... mappable functions in the drop down for 'Action'.
I sort of prefer to drive my shortcuts rather than be driven by them if that makes any sense.

--
--buck

Try wiki.midrange.com!