On 3/29/2017 11:38 PM, Don Brown wrote:
If I press Ctrl + Shift + L - the preference page opens.

This is going to hurt.

That page is the Eclipse key list, not the RDi-only key list.

For that matter, if you have another plug-in, like from a change
management vendor, that plug-in's keys won't be listed here either.

If I am in a RPGLE member and I press Ctrl+D the line I am on is
duplicated but he shortcuts on the preference page suggests this should
delete the line.

It appears the majority of shortcut keys do something different to what is
in the preference page.

Yes, that's correct.

Complicating matters is the fact that any given key sequence can be used
by multipls plug-ins. Try Ctrl-Shift-A to see what I mean. You'll get
a pop-up window asking you which function you'd like to perform.

I know of no canonical list of all the keyboard shortcuts that RDi
implements. One can come close by Preferences > General > Keys. Sort
on the 'Category' column and look at IBM i, LPEX, and Remote Systems
LPEX Editor. I've tried to capture as much of this as I could in the
wiki, but I haven't updated anything for 9.5.1.1

A grim alternative is to poke through the menus and observe the
shortcuts shown by each menu item.

There is at least one alternate way to look at this. If you are
familiar with other editors, check out the profiles in Preferences >
LPEX Editor. One of the other editor profiles might better match your
muscle memory.

I myself have a very quirky memory. I can play hundreds of hours of
virtually flawless viola music from memory but remembering keystroke
sequences that I use once a week... yeah, can't do that. Go figure.
Anyway the point is that I re-map key sequences that I /want/ to
remember and use them a lot. Like Keyboard Macro Record, Stop, and
Playback. Preferences > LPEX Editor > User Key Actions. You can see
the various... hm... mappable functions in the drop down for 'Action'.
I sort of prefer to drive my shortcuts rather than be driven by them if
that makes any sense.