From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/14/2017 09:13 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDI 9.5.1.1. SEP is broken...
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mark,

I can understand that...

At work, I am called "Mr. RDI", since I promote RDI.

This morning, my co-worker just called me over to his Cube....

He was UNABLE to save his source changes in RDi 9.5.1.1, and he was
perplexed. It gave some cryptic Java Error, but unable to save his source.
This is a BIG ISSUE!!!

He changed the code, and NEEDS to be able to save his CHANGES!

So, we manually copied his PC-File over to another file. Close his source
WITHOUT CHANGES; since we were UNABLE to save changes.

And manually re-open the member with NO CHANGES....

Now, he is forced to MANUALLY re-apply his changes, looking another PC
file. Where RDI was unable to allow him to save his changes!!! WTF. It is
NOT JUST ME!

Saving a change source file "should NEVER FAIL" period! Not even ONCE!

He wants to use RDI, but with issue, why not just use SEU, where you KNOW
it will SAVE YOUR CHANGES??????

PS. Once I get the error message from his Laptop, I will post it on this
message.

-Ken Killian-
Mobile Comm Back-End
Senior IBM i Developer using Rational Developer for I RDI 9.5.1.1
Running IBM I, that supports: Java, PHP, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, Python, Node
JS, RPGLE