Ken,

I don't want to get into an OS war, but the last numbers I saw (it's been
a little while) there were significantly more OS/2 licenses now than when
IBM officially terminated the product. Not a well known or publicized bit
of information, but interesting nonetheless. As far as Beta-max, it really
was a superior technology. (The video industry used the same basic
technology after the consumer product was discontinued.) The consumer side
had some big money players (to be left unnamed) who wanted the cheaper
product so they could achieve lower costs to market what was adequate for
their videos. Anyway as you point out, the industry has moved on with
DVDs, and Netflix, Blue-ray, et al. But marketing success is not a
testament to product quality or superiority. IBM i is the best proof of
that I know.

I'm sure there are people running RDi on Windows 10, but it's not included
in the list of supported operating systems. Maybe that's part of your
problem, maybe not. I'm sure IBM will eventually include it in the
supported list.

As to your problems with RDi, etc., I don't know what to say. I haven't
had many problems with it--others on the list have also noted that you
seem to have more trouble than most. I find I have a lot less challenges
from RDi than from Windows 8.1. Perhaps that's just me. I've had to reboot
Windows 7 or 8 times in past couple of weeks and none of those were due to
problems with RDi. In the past several months I've had to restart RDi once
or twice--and I don't believe I've had to restart at all since 9.5. The
fact that I (and others) don't experience the troubles you do doesn't
negate your experience nor reduce the frustration you feel.

I did have a possible suggestion to help narrow down your problem. You may
know the answer to my question, but you never addressed it in your reply.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International
www.TheWay.org