Mike,

I am stuck with the OS, that my employer has me work on the company laptop. Access Client Solution, "java based" works wonderful on Windows 10! <Joy Joy>
So far, the functions keys have ALWAYS worked on my A.C.S. <Joy Joy> So, IBM apparently can have function keys work that ALWAYS work a application! <smirk>

Does your employer allow you to format your company computer, and load Ubuntu/Suse/Red-Hat/OS-2 Warp? Most Employer explicitly do NOT ALLOW this.
Sorry, blaming a solid operation system, when the only thing with a failure is RDI is LAME! <Point made!>

Everything works great on my windows 10 laptop, except for the Hiccup/Burps on RDI 9.5. But, then again, I am using a TEST-PATCH too.
<Big Smirk> Someone has to take the Arrows, when testing a new patch/beta. <smile>

It is just extremely frustration to be in the ***Programming Zone***, and then a Key does not work, or the screen turns milky white. Even once a month is too much in my book...

When RDi 9.5 works, it is AWESOME!!!! Heck I have been using for 9-years. And I have MOSTLY KUDOS for the software. It is the lock-up, and keys stopping to work that drive me NUTS! <frown>

So far I haven't got a "Not Responding" with this last Test Patch dated 2015-10-09.
This last test patch seems to be working AWESOME! No errors yet or "Not Responding"<Big Smile>

Sorry, the last time some of keyboard keys did not work was in the "DEBUG Perspective". I was able to change code, because I was in Edit mode. But, unable to use F10=Step-over or F11=Step-into....
Yes, I change the defaults keys. <smile>

But, opening the "Run Menu", I could do the Step Over/Into. And the menu even showed the assigned functions keys. So YES I had the correct focus... <grin>

I switched to NotePad++, and the F10 worked fine. It defaults to opening the menu system. Flipped back to RDI 9.5 and it had focus, and the F10/F11 did not work....

There was no "FOCUS" problems here. And there was NO LOCK, or SCREEN WAIT. Because the Menu options to step Over/Into worked fine! The "KEYS" F10/F11 stopped working in RDI 9.5.

I also tried a mapped function key of Alt-F2 as I specified earlier. It did not work either...

So the "Restart To Get it to work again", and then the F10/F11 worked again! <Big Smile>

To me it is "FUNNY" when it suggested/implied that "Windows" is the culprit.
Windows has been SOLID since 2000.
I do have to admit, that my 10-year old Scanner, did not work with Vista. I got my money's worth out of it, and got a new Scanner!

Now I ABSOLUTELY hated window-8, so windows 10 is a VAST IMPROVEMENT over that DOS-FULL-SCREEN BS that Microsoft thought was cool.
Get a full Screen on a 24-inch monitor like the "OLD DOS DAYS" was a waste of monitor space! Looks great on Windows Phone, but TERRIBLE on 24-inch Screen!!!

Now Windows with a virus is another story... <LOL> Windows is NOT solid when it has virus. <manically laughter> Neither am I when I have virus and/or cold/flu. <smirk>

PS. I have had keys stop working RDI with Windows 7, "supported Windows OS". This is NOT a completely new issue. LUCKILY! Typically Pretty RARE! But, still frustrating!!!!

What other software has random keys mysteriously stop working? And yet the keys work in other applications? That points to the APPLICATION! Not the OS!

Now if the keyboard did not work at all, then it could be fault keyboard. But, when it randomly does not work in a single Software Application, it is that Software Application: RDI, that has Bugs!