I know that for IBM i PMRs, authorization is limited to what the
organization has set up. But RDi support is not covered under the same
contract., Every copy comes with service and support--either the initial
12 months of support or through additional continuing paid support.
Shouldn't everyone who has an RDi license be authorized to open PMRs for
RDi?

Under our main SWMA, we have two authorized users to open service
requests. This covers support for a plethora of things--and effectively,
for a lot of users. (It even includes support for a large number of
Rational Development Studio (is that what it's called anymore?). RDi
support increases geometrically with each licensed user.

That said, I understand there could be some logistics for IBM to set up
individual support--RDi is different.. (Most support is via the main SWMA
contract.) Since RDi requires separate support, I think any licensed user
should be able to do it. (And I am appreciative of the fact that our RDi
support agreements grant us the right to any fix packs or new releases.)

Just my 2-cents worth,
Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International
www.TheWay.org

(Disclaimer: I happen to be authorized as one of our organizations people
to start service requests so this isn't an issue for me. My interest is in
supporting others needs. That and it would make it easier for me if our
other RDi users could work with their own service requests.)