Hey Ken, your reporting of these problems helps us all - just a little less saltiness - it's bad for the blood pressure!!

:)

Cheers
Vern

On 1/24/2015 12:54 PM, Ken Killian wrote:
I am sorry that I lost it. That was unprofessional of me.

My RDI 9.1.1 became "Flaky", and I was even unable to restart it for "magical fixes". I tried to reboot my computer twice to fix it, no luck.

I got an error dialog that said check the error-log, which was Greek to me.

I gave up, and deleted my workspace to force a recreation; which seems to clear my errors within RDI.

Yes, it created an Error-log that I saved. But I had to get back to work.

Having the cursor in your Lpex jump around, when merely scrolling outline view is unacceptable. RDI 9.0.1 didn't do that.

I have reported a lot of issues to IBM:

APAR SE58364 Fix Save-ICON save. (Broken-Apparently, this is unfixable?)
APAR SE59296 RDI 910 LEPX Ctrl_f Dialg tabbing Order. (Broken-Again)
APAR SE61047 RDI 911 Ctrl+f not auto-populating (Broken-Again)

Fixed <Joy Joy>
--------
APAR SE58370 DBGE001E Loop in RPG when monitor data-structure(Fixed, instead of apprx 50 dialogs, it is now limited to approx. 5)
APAR SE58126 ILE RPG content assist show incorrect Field Size
APAR SE58753 No outline view on selected source file (fixed, I think)
APAR SE56558 RDI 9.0.1 Verify Button Disable after switching tabs (Fixed, I think)
APAR SE59284 RDI 910 outline view fails on variable "and"/"Or"
APAR SE59477 Lost all update. Char can't mapped using CP1252 (Fixed! Yeah)
APAR SE59841 RDI 910 msg not removed when error corrected. (fixed)

I found the Rational Developer/Support team to be very professional and very friendly. <Big Smile>
Big Kudos to the RDI support team, especially Mike H., whom I usually work with to report bugs.

But once an Issue has been fixed, it should NOT be "Re-broken".

Without any doubt, RDI, a professional IDE is certainly better than no IDE at all. And overall the RDI Debug is completely AWESOME! Next to compiler errors, I love the debugger! I will continue to use RDI...

But, I must learn to accept quirks/faults within RDI, I am done. I will just laugh, and say wow, a "new feature". No reason to raise my blood pressure. <LOL> :)

-Ken Killian-