From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:41 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Webfacing out, EGL in

Webfacing has been stabilized and will not be enhanced, but it will
definitely be supported within the product for the forseeable future.

Please notes that we have also created a Webfacing to EGL bridge to
facilitate migration and adoption of EGL.

Bob, I know you didn't join IBM until recently (i.e. after Webfacing was
created and marketed), and maybe you would say it never was an option people
should have pursued - I don't know. But I hope you can see why people get
apprehensive about adopting modernization strategies from IBM. If the date
stamps are correct of when Webfacing first came out, then it has had a seven
or eight year life and is now being stabilized. We are getting technology
lifespans from IBM in regards to *some* toolsets similar to what we can also
get from Microsoft.

How can we as IBM i professionals make decisions for our organization's
longterm success when IBM is continually stabilizing their different
modernization strategies, and thus only allowing for short-term success?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com