Joe,

I have to add weight to what Jon is saying. Some members of the Rational
team said they would review some ideas that were suggested to them - that
was true. However, since then, those same people have said things like:

Question from Mkirkpatrick: Are there any circumstances under which one is
entitled to copies of RDi or RDi-S? If not, what is the pricing?
GeorgeFarr says: No chance of entitlement. RDi and RDi SOA are NEW products.
RDi is $795.
(See: http://isociety.org/Chat20080206.html)

Repeat: George Farr said on Feb 6th that there is no chance of an RDi
entitlement.

Sounds different than what you keep saying. Listen to what Jon is saying -
he is on the money. Until the decisions are official, you may even be
breaching any NDA that you have.

The details of the message that you seem to have heard at "that meeting' are
often different than the details heard by many of the people who were at
that meeting. Your words since then have become an expression of what ~Joe~
thinks, rather than what has actually happened since then. Your mis-reading
of what Jon says is your usual approach, and it is sad that someone with
your amount of noise in the industry is talking his own opinion as though it
is fact. People who listen to you as though you are speaking fact are being
misled. Your words are simply opinion, and your opinion does not always
guide IBM's direction.

Joe, you are plain wrong in some of these cases. You have been proven wrong
in the past, and the crow must be tasting good to you. Your passion for this
platform aside, you must open your eyes wider, remove the ~Joe~ blinders you
are wearing, and start listening to what other people are saying. The one
common complaint you lodge against EVERYone on this list who does not agree
with you is that they are not reading what you are saying. This argument
seems to come from your familiarity with not reading what ANYone is saying,
and repeating your crow position over and over. Please stop slamming people
and start listening to them. You promised 2008 would be different, but you
are falling back into a very narrow and poorly defended position. Making a
lot of noise does not make your position correct - just loud.

Trevor