From: Buck

Your point is clear but incorrect. Aaron documented one case where they
are incompatible and Vern documented another in October:
http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/200710/msg00295.html

I'll respond one more time and then leave it for you all to decide, because
this is quickly devolving into yet another of the time wasting threads where
people insist on redefining terms.

"Incompatible" means it doesn't work. It works. If someone has a problem
with the install, that doesn't mean it's incompatible. I'm sure that Aaron
will get his install working, just like everyone else has.

Yes, your install works. Vern and Aaron had actual problems. I believe
those problems and the officially sanctioned workaround should not be
suppressed (the current state of affairs). You could have edited the
wiki to note that your install worked without a problem and that would
have been an additional fact for readers to have available.

Nobody is "suppressing" anything. I am really beginning to hate this list.
The tone and demeanor just plain stinks.

Upgrade your software to the latest version, and it works fine.

If you consider that "incompatible" then you and I have different
definitions of the word, and it ain't worth the time to argue about it.

Joe