The best way of getting your problems resolved or your design change
request actually make it into the product is go to through the official
process. Opening PMRs is a great way of your problems getting attention :)

Developers adding the requests / enhancements obtained through forums does
not do much in "getting" management attention as to its priority. Okay,
now this may get me into trouble - so I am going to pretend I did not say
that....

Regards,
Nazmin Haji

vhamberg@comcast.
net
Sent by: To
wdsci-l-bounces@m Websphere Development Studio Client
idrange.com for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

11/08/2007 01:14 Subject
PM Re: [WDSCI-L] Submitting problem
reports

Please respond to
Websphere
Development
Studio Client for
iSeries
<wdsci-l@midrange
.com>

DCRs and PMRs are completely different animals. PMRs you submit online by
going to www.iseries.ibm.com/support, which gives you a link to the real
page - sheesh! There you click on the link called Problem Solving, then on
the link called Software Service Request. Then there's a link with a key
next to it - meaning you need a support contract - that's the contractual
agreement thing

Basically you have an IBM ID for signing in all over their sites. Once you
get to the SSR site, there will be a list of your customer numbers - on
that screen is a link to update your profile, where you enter the machine
information - then they know your entitlements.

Once you have the entitlement bit worked out, there're a bunch of screens -
but you finally end up at the interface to IBM's RETAIN system that keeps
track of PMRs - problem management records.

HTH
Vern

From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Interesting. That got me into a page that says I need the right
contractual
agreement, and I don't have a clue what that might be. I'll have to do a
little more digging. I do know I have hardware and software maintenance
(believe me, I know that ) but I'm not sure that entitles me to
submitting DCRs online.

Joe

From: Jerry Adams

I usually do 'em here, Joe:

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/ssr/slprob

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)
mailing