From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Submitting problem reports
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 07:36:37 -0600

Brian

Calling support line has always ended up being a
frustration for me - therefore, I use the online method as
much as possible, when dealing with fairly normal support
issues. No sitting around waiting for someone to transfer
a call, no misunderstanding about iSeries and i-series
(someone will get that), no being directed to PC software
because I used the word Websphere as in Development Studio
Client.

Ah, that rant felt good - sorry to dump on you!

Seriously, putting the problem description into the web
interface is fantastic - takes a little time, yes - and
then you just wait for an email - comes quite quickly, in
my experience. And if you need a phone call, you can ask
for them to call YOU.

Vern