Thanks Claus. You guys are awesome. I will be careful about what I post here and I will put HATS in the title of anything I post that is HATS related.

Just as an aside, and in response to to a prior post on "official" IBM support: These lists at midrange.com are good news and bad news for IBM. The good news is that by posting here the broader community can participate in answering and therefore the "cost" is minimized for IBM. It is good news as well for us community members who can quickly get answers to a fairly broad range of help: From the new newbie "how to" to the experienced user asking about "internals" on a program. The only "bad" thing is that it does put a bit of pressure on IBM to have some consistent involvement and, I suppose, there might be some grousing from other lists that they deserve the same level of involvement from IBM. The only other thing is that the 800-IBM-SERV telephone support seems to only focus on "broken" "system down" kinds of support. Trying to get the support line to answer a query about functionality, usability or to get more technical "internals" usually leads to a referral to consult line. And, although I certainly want to see IBM make money from services (I do the same) there is usually an answer out there in the community that could be gotten quickly and, for free.

The only reason I bring this into this post is that I think WDSCI-L is a very good model for IBM support: IBM "experts" along with community involvement to solve issues quickly. That is the basis for the "newsgroup" model but somehow it seems to work better here at midrange.com. I don't exactly know why.

So, thanks for offering to give HATS support a whirl from WDSCI-L as well. I don't think David will object since the same basic tool (WDSc) generates the resulting transformations in HATS but, David, if you think that WDSCI-L is the wrong list for HATS/WDHT issues, perhaps we can create a new list for that specifically.

Thanks,

Pete Helgren

Claus Weiss wrote:
Hi Pete, we will give this a try and will check for HATS related questions
as well. If it doesn't work out over time, we will let you know and find a
different arrangement.

We would appreciate if you could clearly state in the subject line that it
is a HATS related issue, that should make it easier for us to handle HATS
specific things.  As with all activity on this mailing list this is a
voluntary effort  on our side and there is no guarantee for  responses from
IBM to questions or issues raised here.

As Mike pointed out earlier, we have the official IBM support line that
will deal with WDSC related problems, please use it to report bugs and ask
questions. This mailing list is by no means a replacement for the IBM
support line.

Claus Weiss Visual AD tools, email: weiss@xxxxxxxxxx
Dept 522 IBM Canada Lab tie 969-3987 Phone(905)413-3987 FAX(905)413-4850
Greetings from Toronto
WDSc for iSeries homepage: ibm.com/software/awdtools/iseries
WDSc newsgroup: news://news.software.websphere.studio400     |   VARPG
newsgroup: news://news.software.ibm.com/ibm.software.varpg,