From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike Hockings
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 12:47 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Bugs and enhancements for WDHT

I would be careful not to confuse the WDSC list or the newsgroups as a
substitute for calling IBM support if you need answers or help with  HATS
or even WDSC. Also I don't know if the HATS dev team monitor the hats
newsgroup or not, I just know it exists.  Sounds like you are spoiled by
the participation of the WebFacing and WDSC keeners here ;-)

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 905 413 3199

Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/23/2007 01:13 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Bugs and enhancements for WDHT

Thanks Mike.

It was the ibm.software.websphere.hats newsgroup that I was referring
to.  I can be days before there is a response posted there.  Here at
WDSc it can be minutes.  When you are working on a deadline, 24-48 hours
to get a response isn't acceptable.

Since I get my WDSc answers here and because the WDSc/Eclipse framework
is the same as WDHT/HATS framework, I was just curious if my HATS
development issues could be handled here.  HATS is a great tool but it
has been frustratingly difficult to get answers and help on that product.

Pete

Mike Hockings wrote:
For pure HATS/WDHT stuff you could use the ibm.software.websphere.hats
newsgroup or for  WebFacing or WebFacing/HATS with WDHT stuff you could
use the ibm.software.websphere.studio400 forum, both are on
news.software.ibm.com.  Note: if you use Google groups to view the
forums
any appends you make are only visible in Google it seems and don't get
propagated back to the IBM newsgroups.

For Web access to the studio400 forum you can use developerworks, I
don't
know of a similar web access for the HATS forum

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_forum.jsp?forum=278&cat=9